Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Day 13

I can't believe it is already day 13...granted we had a little time gone with SFASU choir tour, we are almost half way through lent and I think this will definately be a tradition once Lent is over. It really is fun doing this and is even more fun realizing how little effor it really takes and how much money we have already saved! With well thought out meal plans and grocery lists, the money we have saved not eating out is worth it in itself. Well with this week being family week, I went the Carollo Family Cook Book by Aunt Diane for tonights meal. One of her own recipes, these barbecued sandwiches were great! Fast, easy, delicious, what more could you want!


I took at 3 lb pork tenderloin and cut it in half. I froze half for another meal since it is was just the two of us. I then sprinkled some brisket rub on the pork roast, combined with some beef broth, it all went into the crock pot on low for about 6 hours. Once it was done and fully cooked, I took it out put it in a bowl and shredded it and mixed in about a cup of Stubbs barbecue sauce. Mix it all together throw it on a bun and WAHLAH great tasty barbecue sandwiches!

Thanks Aunt Diane!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment